Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Come the Flowers


From the cold

and dark season
every year
come the flowers.

I envy their
uncontested beauty,
their grandeur and attitude,
as they bloom
without restrain
or shame,
knowing they are
the most beautiful
in the world
for a time.

Those with
provocative splashes of
orange,
reds and purples
excite me most,

with full curves
and unrestrained,
mysterious
allure.

They attract every
living thing,
especially
monsters with
huge nostrils,

who want to possess,
consume,
and inadvertently
kill them.

Worship them
from afar,

and love them
on their own terms,

as the proof
of Divinity
that they are.

7 comments:

  1. mmm...me thinks this is about much more than flowers...and damn those that want to consume them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 PM

    "Possess, consume, and ultimately..." YIKES! If only these were not our beautiful blossoms, right, Bruddah? The "full curves," the allure... all sets up as a double entendre of the best kind. I loved this, even as I thought of my daughter's vulnerability 2,000 miles away. Love you, your sistah, Ameleh

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the way the pace and tone is one way and then, all of a sudden, you completely shift the mood with the monsters with huge nostrils and continue multi-directionally there on forward. Really creative, nicely done. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mood shift, too. Great piece, Mosk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the double meaning the first reading. I love the images, but the second meaning made it a little more menacing and sad for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Double entendre,indeed...well done, Mosk. (as always!)

    ReplyDelete