Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

100% is the Only True Number (Prompt: 100%)


100% is the only true number.

Everything else
just appears to be
a fraction.

I cannot prove any of this
but I suspect
it is all together
in one living
pulsating
being.

Duality and
non-duality
as one.

There is no there,
just the long,
faraway continuation of
here.

The good news is
there is no God
who is separate
from who we are.

There’s only God
and included in God
are the believers
the unbelievers
the nonbelievers
the abelievers
the logical positivists
the scientists
the materialists
the atheists
the agnostics
the yin and the yang
and the double yang.

Don’t be fooled by this
convenient shared illusion

that there is a you
that is separate from me,
and there is a them
that is separate from us.

There is
no chocolate cake,
no cardinal in the tree,
no breathless orgasm,
no Yogi Berra,

just God
in the guise of
chocolate cake,
a cardinal in the tree,
the breathless orgasm
and Yogi Berra.

There is only one
reality

and this is how you spent
the last two minutes
of it.

9 comments:

  1. I loved this one!

    The thought that everything is one portrayed so beautifully here.
    "just God
    in the guise of
    chocolate cake" these are my fav lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite poem of yours I've ever read. It covers everything, even chocolate cake and Yogi Berra. Love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mosk,
    I don't read as often as I would like...I get so easily intimidated. I have been lucky to find myself among some pretty extraordinary poets, which means I'm often intimidated. But if I could...I would read every word you write.
    PW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mosk, you are a wise man!! Know that. This poem speaks truth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:31 PM

    "and this is how you spent
    the last two minutes
    of it." not bad compared to the four hours I waited this morning to see who would fill the first color in the blank and it happened to be you with 100% Yellow which I really enjoyed but am not usually allowed to comment on that site! Well Done on both posts !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by my website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice...not a bad way to spend those minutes...we are all connected, though act as though we are fractions or fractured....and baseball and orgasms, oh yeah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. I've never heard it put better. And anyway, 90% of this stuff is half mental anyway!

    ReplyDelete